Phical test - FDA approved for US-marked
Calprotectin - a direct and non invasive marker of intestinal inflammation.
PhiCal ELISA Test is a validated and FDA approved assay system for the determination of calprotectin in stool extracts.
- Reliable tool to differentiate between IBD and IBS
- Assessment of inflammation activity in IBD
- Monitoring response to treatment in IBD
- Assessment of mucosal healing in IBD
- Predictor of relapses in IBD
PhiCal Test is a quantitative enzyme-linked immunoassay (ELISA) for detection of increased concentrations of calprotectin in plasma, cerebrospinal fluid, synovial fluid, urine or stools as a consequence of disease in relevant organs. During septicaemia, plasma calprotectin levels will rise more rapidly than C-reactive protein since increased synthesis of the latter by the liver takes time, while calprotectin is pre-formed in the leukocytes. (personal observations)
Next page: Phical test performance